The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) supports Agricultural Education in our Illinois schools as an important component of one of the most important industries in Illinois – the Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources (AFNR) industry. Agriculture has a major impact on the State’s economy and the industry is eager for additional potential employees in the pipeline to fill the demand for hundreds of careers. Nowhere is this support more evident than in the support of the Agricultural Education specific line item in the ISBE budget. See the current ISBE budget for appropriations and proposed funding levels.
Teachers have been requesting information regarding employability standards and curriculum related to those employability skills. Below are a few resources that might be helpful to those of you looking for this kind of information.
- Post-Secondary and Career Readiness Act--Illinois State Board of Education (Employability Skills) July 2018
- Illinois Essential Employability Skills Framework
- A Guide to Career Readiness and Employability Skills
- Support for State Employability Standards in CTE and Adult Education
- Employability Skills Framework
- Building Employability Skills for School--Jobs--Life (video)