Mental Health PD and Information
JOIN US FOR THIS INFORMATIVE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
CTE Teachers, Counseling & Admin Professional Development:
Trauma Informed Care, Culturally Responsive Classrooms, Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) and their Impact on Student Learning
When: March 5, 2019 – 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Where: Tinley Park Convention Center
What: An engaging interactive day exploring trauma informed care with ACEs, discussing toxic stress and educator self-care and discovering strategies to support culturally responsive classrooms and social and emotional learning.
THE EVENT IS FREE – REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED – visit: https://illinoisstate.edu/traumainformedcare/
YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH FIRT AID "Take Aways"
- 3% of 13-17 year olds have an eating disorder
- 11% of school aged youths have ADD / AHD
- 17% of females experience depression
- 5.1% of males experience depression
- Overall, 11.4% experience depression
Teens are very resilient! RECOVERY is POSSIBLE!
The pattern for Youth Mental Health
Well --- Becoming unwell --- Unwell --- Recovery
USE the ALGEE 5 step plan!
- Assess for risk
- Listen non-judgementally
- Give reassurance & information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies
SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE - 1-800-273-TALK